Safety: Our employees are our most important asset and are essential to Acadia’s success. The initiatives and programs highlighted under “Caring about our Patients” are designed to benefit our employees as well. Our goal is to have zero accident injuries within our facilities.
Training: All of our clinical staff are trained in their professional disciplines and skills, and we provide support for their continuing education. In addition, we provide company-wide training on an annual basis. Our employees are required to take classes targeted to reinforce key policies and training relating to regulatory compliance, safety and patient care.
The 12 courses taken by our employees in 2017 are listed below:
- Regulatory Compliance: Part I – January 2017 – Corporate Compliance, Sexual Harassment, Patient Rights, Confidentiality, HIPAA and Grievances.
- Regulatory Compliance: Part II – February 2017 – General Safety, Fire Safety, Electrical Safety, Ergonomics, Back Safety, Hazard Communication, Security & Workplace Violence, Reporting Incidents, Emergency Preparedness and Infection Control.
- Zero Tolerance – March 2017 – Boundaries, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation.
- Customer Service – April 2017 – Excellent Customer Service, Delighting Customers, Methods For Handling Customer Complaints.
- Active Shooter Response in Healthcare Settings – May 2017 – How To Recognize Indicators Of Potential Violence, How To Become Familiar With Various Response Concepts.
- High Reliability – June 2017 – Foundational Principles Of Becoming A High Reliability Organization.
- Workplace Violence – July 2017 – How To Prevent And Handle Workplace Violence.
- Social Media – August 2017 – Acadia’s Company Policy And Procedures On Social Media In The Workplace, Social Media Best Practices.
- Diversity in the Workplace – September 2017 – Defining Diversity, The Benefits Of Valuing Workplace Diversity, Legal Aspects Of Diversity, Managing Workplace Diversity.
- IT Security Awareness – October 2017 – Best Practices Of Information Security For Data Protection, Passwords, Social Engineering And Spear Phishing.
- Infection Control – November 2017 – Infection Control, How To Help Prevent The Spread Of Disease In The Healthcare Setting.
- Workers’ Compensation – December 2017 – Acadia’s Company Policy And Procedures On Workers’ Compensation. Company-wide leadership development training is also scheduled to begin in 2018.
Benefits: Acadia is committed to a comprehensive package of benefits for our employees. Current benefits include:
- Standard medical insurance as well as high deductible health savings accounts
- Health care flexible spending accounts
- PhysicianNow and Nurseline virtual support programs
- Prescription drug plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability and life insurance
- Tobacco Cessation programs, free to all employees
- 401K plan with employer matching funds
- Mail order pharmacy program
- Employee assistance program