Children’s Behavioral Solutions (CBS) is a free service that connects families with the most appropriate treatment for children who are struggling with certain behavioral health concerns.
Connecting Your Child with Care
When your child is in crisis, the whole family feels their pain and distress. Our Children’s Behavioral Solutions team makes finding and accessing treatment as seamless as possible.
We serve children and adolescents ages 6-21 of all genders whose lives have been disrupted by behavioral, emotional, or mental health challenges.
Working in collaboration with other healthcare providers and organizations, we will connect your child with CARF- and Joint Commission-accredited programs that meet the highest standards.
A Comprehensive Source of Support
Getting your child the behavioral health treatment they need can be overwhelming, so the CBS team is here to demystify the process.
Our team takes the time to help you understand the levels of care and treatment options that are available to your child.
We serve as a single point of contact throughout the referral and admissions processes, gathering all the necessary documents, verifying insurance benefits, and assisting with scheduling.
Your Resource Coordinator will remain in contact with you throughout your child’s time in treatment, keeping you updated on their progress and supporting you after discharge.
Concerns & Disorders We Address
The CBS team supports children who are struggling with concerns such as:
- Anxiety disorders
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Eating disorders
- Severe emotional disturbance
- Sexually maladaptive behaviors
- Sexually abusive behaviors
- Low cognitive functioning
- Extreme aggression
- Self-injurious behaviors
Levels of Care Available to Your Child
The goal of the CBS team is to connect each child with the level of care that best meets their needs. This may include:
- Acute hospital – During their inpatient stay, a child receives 24-hour nursing care so that they can achieve stabilization and a higher level of functioning.
- Psychiatric residential treatment facility (PRTF) – This provides a nonhospital environment where children can receive inpatient services.
- Residential treatment center – This is a longer-term treatment experience that also includes round-the-clock care in a safe, supportive environment.
- Qualified residential treatment program (QRTP) – These programs meet stringent requirements to provide group care in the least restrictive familylike setting.
- Therapeutic group home – Children receive treatment, services, and support in a homelike environment.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Also known as day treatment, this outpatient level of care includes treatment for several hours a day, several days a week.
Our Age-Appropriate Therapies & Services
The CBS team will work closely with your family to connect your child with a treatment program that caters to their specific strengths, challenges, and needs.
Our programs provide age-appropriate care using evidence-based treatment modalities such as eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), play therapy, trauma-informed care, and the Nurtured Heart Approach.
We also provide every child with appropriate educational services while they receive care. Our team will coordinate with your child’s education department and school to ensure that they stay on track during their time in treatment.
Our treatment programs are in network with most major insurance carriers, state Medicaid, and managed Medicaid. We also work with TRICARE-approved treatment programs.
Do not let financial concerns prevent you from seeking treatment. Your Resource Coordinator can help you determine which program best meets your family’s financial and treatment needs.
Contact a Resource Coordinator near you to discuss your child’s treatment options. With the help of the Children’s Behavioral Solutions team, your child can have a brighter, more hopeful future.