Acadia Healthcare is proud to help police officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians, and other first responders navigate the treatment landscape with confidentiality, efficiency, and confidence. To support this effort, our Treatment Placement Specialists® team provides personalized services and informed guidance to connect first responders with the behavioral healthcare options that best meet their unique needs.
Committed to Serving First Responders
Acadia Healthcare and our Treatment Placement Specialists® team are committed to providing superior service to first responders whose lives have been disrupted by substance use disorders, posttraumatic stress, and other mental and behavioral health concerns.
As part of the world’s largest behavioral healthcare company, the TPS team is uniquely positioned to connect police officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and other first responders with the types and levels of care that best meet their unique needs.
The dedicated experts within the TPS team offer informed guidance to help first responders find ethically operated, clinically sound treatment centers. Our team can also consult on admissions, facilitate coordination of care, and prepare first responders for continued success after treatment.
All TPS services are offered at no charge to individual first responders or to their unions, departments, agencies, or organizations.
Promoting the Six Pillars of Health
The services provided by Acadia Healthcare and the Treatment Placement Specialists® team are designed to promote comprehensive well-being among first responders. To accomplish this, we focus on assessing and addressing your needs in the following six areas:
- Physical health – This relates to how well you can move and manage your body to meet your personal responsibilities and the demands of your profession.
- Psychological health – Optimal psychological health is a state of well-being in which you can recognize your own abilities, cope with the normal stresses of life, work productively and fruitfully, and contribute to your community.
- Professional health – Positive professional health is achieved when you feel that your job adds meaning to your life, and your workplace promotes health, safety, and overall well-being.
- Moral and spiritual health – Maintaining your moral and spiritual health can help you attain a sense of purpose in your life and your profession, and guide you to act in a righteous and ethical manner.
- Societal health – Good societal health is based upon your ability to form satisfying relationships with others within your family, at work, and throughout the community.
- Financial health – Your ability to manage your finances and make responsible financial decisions can have a direct positive impact on your physical and emotional well-being.
Partnering with FBINAA & OSW
Acadia Healthcare is the sole provider of behavioral health services to the FBI National Academy Associates, Inc. (FBINAA). Previously, we worked closely with the FBINAA’s Officer Safety and Wellness Committee (OSW). The OSW formerly existed to facilitate the development, organization, and delivery of training, resources, and appropriate services that assisted agencies in the progression and maintenance of an organizational culture that supports resiliency for all employees.
Our entire organization, including our Treatment Placement Specialists® team, is proud to promote and support this essential mission.