Mental health resources could be expanding in the Knoxville, Tennessee, area. Acadia Healthcare has partnered with Covenant Health to build a $33 million, 90-bed psychiatric hospital in west Knoxville. The Knoxville-Knox County planning committee passed the rezoning application for 10 acres of undeveloped land in west Knoxville, where the facility will be located. Acadia Healthcare and Covenant Health plan to offer acute behavioral healthcare services with 24-hour monitoring for individuals and families in need of crisis stabilization. Community members hope that the new facility will help fill the gap in mental health resources due to a lack of providers and facility closures in the Knoxville area. Many also hope that a new psychiatric hospital will help reduce homelessness in the area by providing much-needed behavioral health services. Plans for the behavioral health hospital move to the city council for approval next, with an opening date set for 2021.
- Acadia Healthcare to Participate in Two Virtual Healthcare Conferences in May
- Acadia Healthcare Launching Suicide Prevention Pilot Program at Comprehensive Treatment Centers
- Acadia Healthcare Partners with Geisinger Health to Build Two Behavioral Health Facilities in Pennsylvania
- Acadia Healthcare Forms Joint Venture with Lutheran Health Network of Indiana, LLC
- Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital Opens in Nashville