Mental health resources could be expanding in the Knoxville, Tennessee, area. Acadia Healthcare has partnered with Covenant Health to build a $33 million, 90-bed psychiatric hospital in west Knoxville. The Knoxville-Knox County planning committee passed the rezoning application for 10 acres of undeveloped land in west Knoxville, where the facility will be located. Acadia Healthcare and Covenant Health plan to offer acute behavioral healthcare services with 24-hour monitoring for individuals and families in need of crisis stabilization. Community members hope that the new facility will help fill the gap in mental health resources due to a lack of providers and facility closures in the Knoxville area. Many also hope that a new psychiatric hospital will help reduce homelessness in the area by providing much-needed behavioral health services. Plans for the behavioral health hospital move to the city council for approval next, with an opening date set for 2021.
- The Camp Recovery Center Announces New CEO
- Covenant Health and Acadia Healthcare Hold Virtual Groundbreaking for New Inpatient Behavioral Health Hospital in Knoxville
- Acadia Healthcare Partners With Cordico to Be a Featured Resource in First Responder Wellness App
- Longleaf Hospital Expanding to Meet Growing Demand for Services
- Acadia Healthcare Partners with Tower Health to Open Tower Behavioral Health in Reading, Pennsylvania